13/08/2011

Germany



Early July I was in Germany for Leadership Meetings with some of my colleges. We were in a beautful part of the south and were staying with a partner company who looked after us really well. Unfortunitly I got very sick during the time there, which was very busy and rather than paying attention during the meetings I was falling asleep as I had been unable to sleep at night. On one of the last evenings there, we were going out to find somewhere to eat, we were going to one of the local villages and the guys decided to go by bike, to me this seemed like a bad idea as I had been so sick, but decided to go along. When we arrve in the village we finally found a really nice cafe where we ate. The picture above shows what I had to eat (sorry its a little dim, no flash on the phone!) but it is raw meat served on a hot stone and you cook it yourself to however well you want it done and you also have different sauces to dip it in. It was wonderful. Well after eating it was time to head back to where we were staying, but none of us were to sure of the correct way so after an hour of cycling up and down hills and along little lanes through farmer's fields (it was already getting dark) we finally arrived back at the cafe only to decover the road we need was a short distance the other side of the cafe and within 20 minutes we were back at our accommendation.